> You have to set a mixer control "Center/LFE as Mic"
> or something like
> that.  What codec does your motherboard use?
>

> Regards,
> Clemens

Thanks for the info, but I've some problems. I've one
asus motherboard (a7v8x model) with an integrated
chipset via (codec ac97). I 've tried to set
"Center/LFE" as Mic  but,with alsamixer, I can't
change the mixer for that info. The column of that is
untouchable...
I've compiled the driver with a normal parameter (like
the info of the alsa-project site). Someone says me
that I must try to compile with a particular parameter
to use the microphone...i don't know if this
indication is stupid or not...
Thanks to all to helping me.

Mario Cataldi