I have Sonic Edge 5.1 and as I have googled for it and
the chipset, it uses, I have found that it has
modified CMI8738. It was only one site with such
reference, but I have tried it and it works somehow.
cat /proc/asound/cards
0 [CMI8738MC6     ]: CMI8738-MC6 - C-Media PCI
MI8738-MC6
                     C-Media PCI CMI8738-MC6 (model
55) at 0xd000, irq 11
The only problem, which i have is that i could not
play anything in 5.1 analogue. The maximum is 4
speakers without bass and center. I have tried all,
but nothing helped. In windows the card functions
perfectly well and plays 5.1 sound. Any suggestions?
Any hint or help is welcome.
Regards
Gergan

Mit schönen Grüßen von Yahoo! Mail - http://mail.yahoo.de