On Wednesday 10 March 2004 18:06, faz wrote:
> I have a debian woody unstable 2.4.25 with alsa for intel8x0
> My problem is that every boot i have to do alsaconf for make my sound
> card working.
> (sorry my english :-))).
> Can some one help me?
>

> thanks
>
> faz

Faz,
Are you trying to get an easy way to auto-run "alsaconf" when you boot, or are
you questioning if having to run "alsaconf" every boot?

If you are inquireing on having to run alsaconf on every boot, I am
"extremely" new to alsa - and I don't know if this is common, or not...

If you want to add "alsaconf" to run automatically on every boot, and just
want to know a way for Debian to fire it off for you when you boot...

THEN, you can place the command in the init.d -> bootmisc.sh shell script -
this should fire off alsaconf for you when you boot...

in a root shell, the file to add auto-start stuff, the easy way...

cd /etc/init.d
kwrite bootmisc.sh
(inside kwrite, scroll down to the very bottom, you might have a line that is
setting up DMA for your drives, in either case, add the following line to the
bottom of the file:

alsaconf

(click FILE and choose SAVE)
(click FILE and choose QUIT)

This should make alsaconf run everytime you boot, without you having to enter
it on your own.

Hope this helps,
Cuddles