I fooled myself by installing cdcd and playing a cd. Then I found out that
the sound played straight from the cd. Perhaps this is a test to see if you
have a good speaker connection.

By the way I also am trying to install the same driver and have given up for
now due to the lack of respond on the debian users group and have just
signed up here.

I was hoping to be able to download a compiled module instead of building
one. I have soundcore in my kernel. Do you know if it is OK to use a
compiled module? Could you send me yours?

/Strider