Len Moskowitz wrote:
Ron Flory wrote:

 - I am using optical cable between the MIC2496 and the PDAudioCF
   card, and I can see red light at the end of the cable before I
   plug it in.

That's good. Are you selecting PDAudio-CF's optical input?

I have seen no mention of this anywhere, how would one perform such a thing? The only documentation i've been able to uncover:

http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/template.php?company=Core+Sound&card=PDAudio-CF&chip=pdaudiocf&module=pdaudiocf

does not mention the capability or need to select an optical input.

... please call us: 201-801-0812

I will, but I don't think you'll mind if we take this offline for a while, PLEASE check your email inbox for a message on this subject.

 If I can get this device working I'll forward the solution(s) to
the list for the benefit of others.  Information on setup and use
of this device has proven to be VERY sparse.

 Also, the Alsa setup docs for this device contain several
serious errors that stumped me for over 3 weeks.  These need to be
corrected so you don't have to keep answering the same questions
over and over, and it will contribute to happy customers...

ron