All,

    I've been having problems with this card in a certain application for over a
week and a half.  And I have to say that it's not in any part due to laziness on
my part.  Perhaps this will help some of the list members diagnose my problem.

I always get the error:

"Unable to set hw params for playback: Invalid argument"

when trying to run this app....which by the way is oh so helpful.  Fine.  I
added the snd_hw_params_dump line into the code and recompiled.  Here's the
result:

ACCESS:  MMAP_INTERLEAVED
FORMAT:  S16_LE
SUBFORMAT:  STD
SAMPLE_BITS: 16
FRAME_BITS: 32
CHANNELS: 2
RATE: NONE
PERIOD_TIME: (21333 21334)
PERIOD_SIZE: (2084759 2084760)
PERIOD_BYTES: (8339036 8339040)
PERIODS: (4 5)
BUFFER_TIME: (85333 85334)
BUFFER_SIZE: 8339168
BUFFER_BYTES: 33356672
TICK_TIME: 0

I've also included my .asoundrc.  I'm specifying the "dsp0" device in the config
for this app.  Please please please help me.  I really don't know what else to
do.

Thanks,
Brian

<.asoundrc>
pcm.dmixer {
    type dmix
    ipc_key 1024
    slave {
        pcm "hw:0,0"
        period_time 0
        period_size 1024
        buffer_size 4096        # buffer size < 6653, but pow(x, 2)
        rate 48000
    }

#    bindings {
#        0 0
#        1 1
#        }
}

# Everything shall be dmixed, so redefine "default":
pcm.!default {
    type plug
    slave.pcm "dmixer"
}