> Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 21:52:44 -0800 (PST)
> From: Serban Giuroiu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I actually haven't tried recording since the problem
> arose. I'm just refering to standard playback -- out
> of aplay, mpg123, XMMS, mp3blaster, MPlayer, etc. >
> > This problem happens with any file format.

> Everything worked fine until I upgraded KDE. Nothing
> from the alsa packages were upgraded. But as soon as
> I tried playing some music, it sounded like third
> graders were singing it.

This does not seem to be a alsa problem.

I have that problem with all MS files (asf wma) but
only with MPlayer and its kids (kplayer, gplayer...).
VLC, xine, noatun and kaboodle work fine.
I use:
debian from sarge (testing)
kde 3.2.1 from sid (unstable)
MPlayer 1.0pre3-3.3.3 (build from debian source)
Linux 2.6.3 (not prebuild)
btw. I use libvorbis1

regards phoBOS

Mit schönen Grüßen von Yahoo! Mail - http://mail.yahoo.de