Hallo,
John H. hat gesagt: // John H. wrote:

> Ok, so alsamixer will not work with extigy unless you use cvs or
> alsa 1.0.4 drivers, but they won't compile if you are using 2.6.4
> kernel with alsa enabled.

No, but this is to be excected. You can only use one set of ALSA
drivers, so you have to decide, which you want: CVS or the ones
included in 2.6.4

In the  past I had good luck by just building a kernel 2.6 the old
way, that is enable basic sound support, but neither OSS nor ALSA.
Then check out ALSA cvs and follow the instructions in the INSTALL
file, which basically means, run autoconf, run ./configure
--with-kernel=/usr/src/linux/..., make install.

ciao