On Sunday 04 April 2004 21:26, maggo wrote:
> > Now anyone can help me getting a real master volume without having to use
> > aRts or esound ? Thanks to everyone who can help me !
>
> I use the "EMU10K1 PCM" labelled control
>
> (With lineak:
>
> VolumeDown ="amixer -c 0 sset 'EMU10K1 PCM' 5%-"
> VolumeUp ="amixer -c 0 sset 'EMU10K1 PCM' 5%+" )
>
> It seems as this suits my needs of one central control best.
> The only drawback is that I can't "toggle" (mute/unmute) it.
> So my "mute" just sets left and right to 0    :)
>
> Hope it helped you...

thx .....
it works but just on console not if i select emu10k1 pcm in xmms (then it just
controls the left channels....) in alsamixer i can see two emu10k1
pcm ..... :/ .... also if i control sound on console, it gets reset to 100%
the next time xmms changes to another song
and also my mixer settings arent reloaded after reboot (alsactl store and
restore don't seem to work .....)
maybe there's something really messed up :/