>From: Dennis Gnad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>I think the Master Volume for Analog 5.1 systems should be fixed ... emu10k1
>pcm doesnt work correctly for me, e.g. when switching song in xmms, or if any
>new sound is played from somewhere, it switches back to 100% ..... also it
>isn't available at all if no sound is playing ....

Mixer settings are adjusted by bad software. For example, Xine moves
PCM volume to 50%, and I'm sure there are many other similar bad software.
The driver defaults should not be biased by behaviour of bad software!

IMHO, no software should change the settings unexpectedly, and
I dislike software which try to be smarter than me. ;-)

Please use "alsamixer" for mixer control during the testing
and getting all out of the mixer. Is PCM available for you with
the alsamixer when no sound is playing?

Also, if possible, use only "aplay" and "mpg123" for playing during
the testing.

Regards,
Juhana