At Fri, 14 May 2004 09:25:11 -0700 (PDT),
Bill Unruh wrote:

> On Fri, 14 May 2004, Elad Lahav wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am unable to get my microphone working. The chipset is VIA VT8235 (AD1980)
> > on an ASUS A7V8X-X. I am using the snd-via82xx driver.
>
> There are two volume controls. On many mixers the one marked Mic or Line
> in do NOT control the recorded sound volume, they control the amount of
> input being fed to the output.

the enum names are changed to be more generic ones, Input1/Input2,
since they don't have to do with Line/Mic in practice.

>  It is the Igain control that controls the
> recorded volume. What you describe could be consistant with Igain off
> but Mic on high.

IGain corresponds to "Capture Volume" in the ALSA.

you'll need:

- turn on "Capture Switch" (press space on 'Capture' on alsamixer)
- raise "Capture Volume" (up-key on 'Capture')
- select "Mic" as the "Capture Source" (press space on 'Mic')

Takashi