ocset wrote:

> Clemens Ladisch wrote:
>
> >Please show the contents of your modules.conf or modprobe.conf.

> --------------------------------------   modules.conf

modules.conf is used with 2.4.x kernels.

> options snd snd_cards_limit=1 snd_major=116
> alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0

There is only one card configured.  Run the configuration tool of your
distribution (probably yast2) and add the ALSA USB Audio driver.

modprobe.conf is used with 2.6.x kernels.

> # remove this if sound is configured
> install char-major-116    /bin/true

There is no sound card configured.

> include /etc/modules.conf.local

> include /etc/modprobe.conf.local

I guess you didn't manually add something to these files.

HTH
Clemens