Hi all,

I have 2 soundcards in my PC. I'm trying to route the music from XMMS to a different soundcard from the system sounds, so that I don't get loud "uh-oh" sounds from ICQ when I'm listening to music on the headphones. The first card is a Soundblaster Live Platinum, and the second is a RME 9632.

If I set XMMS to use the OSS drivers, I can select which soundcard to pipe the music to with no problems. If I set XMMS to use the ALSA drivers, the first soundcard works fine, but when I select the second soundcard, I get a popup box saying "Couldn't open audio. Please check that 1. You have the correct output plugin selected 2. No other program is blocking the soundcard 3. Your soundcard is configured properly".

Has anyone else ever run into this? I thought OSS was layered over ALSA, but perhaps I've misunderstood.

Cheers,

Simon.