Hi,

I have an old ISA AWE64 which recently started to sound distorted as soon
as I access one of my CDROM drives (both are burners, one for CD's the
other for DVD's).

When cdrom drives are not being accessed the sound is just fine.

But when i mount a cd and begin to read lots of data (e.g. when playing
wavs from a cd) the sound is horrible. Also when I play a DVD.

Some time ago this problem started. I think it started after adding an
extra hard drive and upgrading my kernel.

Now i use kernel 2.6.4-ck2 and 2.6.6-mm3. Both exhibit the problem.

What can i do? It looks like an hardware or a preempt problem....(?)
Thanks!
Wilbert

--
Wilbert Berendsen (www.xs4all.nl/~wbsoft, www.kde.nl, www.kerklied.net)
 "Reporter: Mr. Ghandi, what do you think of western civilisation?