Clemens Ladisch wrote:
Dominique Dumont wrote:

Clemens Ladisch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Dominique Dumont wrote:

Unfortunately, I still have no ac3 stream recognized by my amplifier... :-(

Does it work if you play a stereo PCM stream to hw:0,2?

Yes.

A DTS stream also works (although my amplifier recognizes it as a DTS
stream from a CD audio, not from a DVD).

That's strange, there should be no difference between DTS and AC3 as
far as the sound card is concerned.

Regards, Clemens

There are suttle differences between AC3 and DTS.
DTS does not require the SPDIF non-audio bit to be set.
AC3 does most of the time, but not always. That depends in the receiver used.

Cheers
James