Hello,

I want to use the S/PDIF input-connector on my Abit AV8. The chipset in use is
an VIA 8237, the codec is Realtek ALC658. I use a 2.6.15 kernel with
alsa-support compiled in plus debian-packages alsa-base and alsa-utils version
1.0.10-1.

I've done some research on the web, mainly in the alsa-archives. But most of
the information is concerned with how to setup S/PDIF output. The most specific
document from the alsa-project seems to be this one:
http://alsa.opensrc.org/via8233. But wrt sound signals via s/pdif-in there is
no useful information.

Maybe any of you has managed to setup s/pdif-in properly on the same board or
with a similar configuration? I have no idea which settings in the .asoundrc
would be appropriate, so any hints are greatly welcome!

Thanks a lot in advance for any help!

Franz