Regarding

"
So, would you suggest Linus to maintain a dedicated web site for
Linux? :)
"

- yes, I would.

I just know that I was responsible for the documentation fro the code
I wrote, so why shouldn't he be responsible for his code and
documentation on it too ?

And "the central linux site" (whatever it is) may be organized in such
a manner:

<top_dir> -> <top_dir>/main.html

<top_dir>/Linus_Torvalds/
<top_dir>/Andrew_Morton/
<top_dir>/Alan_Cox
<top_dir>/Jaroslav_Kysela
<top_dit>/Takashi_Iwai

and the the main page (main.html) may be organized in a manner there
are links on it to the corresponding files

greatest_and_latest.html

under the developers' directories, e.g.

<top_dir>/Linus_Torvalds/greatest_and_latest.html
<top_dir>/Andrew_Morton/greatest_and_latest.html
<top_dir>/Jaroslav_Kysela/greatest_and_latest.html
<top_dit>/Takashi_Iwai/greatest_and_latest.html

and the developers will just update their

greatest_and_latest.html

files.

The developers' directories can be owned by their respective
developers, so each will be able to screw up only his/her stuff.

IMHO, from programming point of view things should be organized in
a manner which requires the least possible interaction between
people.

But the above means people should interact a lot to work out
a mutually acceptable solution.