On Monday 16 January 2006 13:18, Lee Revell wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-01-16 at 12:52 -0500, Reuben D. Budiardja wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I am trying to determine what kind of support that ALSA has on Sound
> > Blaster Audigy LS. <snip>

> I have no idea about MIDI but the Audigy LS does not support hardware
> mixing.

Please excuse my ignorant. But is there such thing as "software mixing" ?
Basically, what I want is for the soundcard to be used by more than one
source. For example, I want to be able to run "ogg123 song1.ogg" on a shell
instance, and run "ogg123 song2.ogg" on another shell and have both song
played. I am not sure if that what "hardware mixing" really means.

Thanks.

RDB

--
Reuben D. Budiardja