Hi!
  I've just connect a Roland U8 usb device to my computer. Midi worked fine
from the beginning, but no audio devices were listed. The U8 is a kind of
hard-disk recorder without any disk. It has effects, control-elements and
offers some analog/digital i/os.
  Does anyone have an idea about this? Can I get the audio I/Os to work?
Clemens perhaps you?
  In any case thanks for any help!
  Kindest regards
          Julien