Hello,

I am trying to get a usb audio compatible sound card to work on the kwikbyte
kb9202 (www.kwikbyte.com) development board. It is a board based on the
at91rm9200 circuit which has an arm920t core. I am running kernel 2.6.13 and
I have the alsa usb audio device drivers compiled into the kernel.

The usb audio card is detected and everything looks ok in the
"/proc/asound". For example if I do "cat /proc/asound/cards" the following
is displayed:
-------------
0 [default        ]: USB-Audio - C-Media USB Headphone Set
                     C-Media USB Headphone Set   at usb-at91rm9200-1, full
speed
-------------

But I have nothing in the dev folder. No dsp, no snd, no nothing. So I have
tried with:
"mknod /dev/dsp0 c 14 3"
"mknod /dev/mixer0 c 14 0"

But when i run the alsamixer it says: "alsamixer: function snd_ctl_open
failed for default: No such file or directory".

So since the driver works (?) I guess I just have to do "mknod c %i %i" with
the correct major and minor and also the correct file name.

Does anyone know which the major and minor to use? Which should be the file
name? dsp0? dsp? audio?

Help very much appreciated.

Best,

Jonas