> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > OK, Im a nubie to Alsa, so this is probably a simple/stupid
> > question.
> >
> > I Just added a Sound Blaster Live! (24 bit) 0410, to a running
> > Fedora 4 System (2.6.11 Kernel,- but later available).
> >
> > It correctly(?) uses the snd-ca106 kernel module.
> >
> > But, I have a default /etc/asound.conf file with only two lines in it,
> >
> >     defaults.pcm.card 0
> >     defaults.ctl.card 0
> >
> > and all of the sound from /usr/bin/system-config-soundcard comes
> > from the right hand speaker.
> >

> delete your /etc/asound.conf file.
> try
> speaker-test -c2 -Dplug:front
>
> That should then work.
>
> James

But it doesnt, same one channel.
Tried a 2nd card I had here, same result, so its unlikely to be a hardware
(card) problem.
Plugging the speakers into another machine gives both channels, so the
problem is not there.

I looked back thru the end of 2005 for comments about the SB 24Bit, and
cant say that I saw anyone having any luck,- just suggestions on what
to try.

DOES ANYONE HAVE ONE OF THESE CARDS WORKING?????
--
                                        Reg.Clemens