On Sun, Feb 05, 2006 at 01:45:44PM -0700, Bob van der Poel wrote:
> 2. A few of you suggest that there is a distro bug. Quite likely :) But,
> Mandriva 2006 is pretty current so there should be some simple work-arounds.

Does your USB device require firmware to be loaded?  I have a Midiman
2x2 USB interface and it requires some firmware to be loaded.

It never comes up if I boot with it pluged in.  IIRC the reason is that
hotplug fails to load firmware when it's coldplugged (ie, plugged in
when the box was booted).  But it works if you unplug and re-plug it
because then hotplug correctly load the firmware.

hotplug and udev are such deep black magic that I'm content to
unplug and replug the damn thing anytime it's not working.

--
Ross Vandegrift

man in the bonds of Hell."