On Sun, 5 Feb 2006, Tomas Carnecky wrote:
Lee Revell wrote:
What the right solution would be? I don't know how the gentoo team compiles the 32bit applications (maybe they just copy the libs from a 32bi box), but simply doing:
./configure LDFLAGS="-m32" CFLAGS="-m32"
isn't enough. Somewhere are the 64bit library paths hardcoded (I suspect libtool) and I haven't found out how to confince the build-chain to ignore them.

I've found that defining CC="gcc -m32" and LD="ld -m32" works in more cases. Because some build scripts are sadly broken wrt CFLAGS/LDFLAGS.

-Dan