[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>   I have M-audio fast track pro usb sound card with two output devices,
>   hw:2,0 for analog output and hw:2,1 for digital. Currently /dev/dsp2 is
> assigned to hw:2,0 but i cannot figure out how to assign  /dev/dspx to
> hw:2,1.

The number X in /dev/dspX is always the card number.

> It is apparently snd-pcm-oss parameter but i could not figure out correct
> syntax.

There are two devices per card: /dev/dspX and /dev/adspX.  These map to
ALSA device hw:X,Y where Y is specified by the dsp_map and adsp_map
parameters.

When you have "dsp_map=a,b,c adsp_map=d,e,f", the mapping will be:
/dev/dsp0 -> hw:0,a   /dev/adsp0 -> hw:0,d
/dev/dsp1 -> hw:1,b   /dev/adsp1 -> hw:1,e
/dev/dsp2 -> hw:2,c   /dev/adsp2 -> hw:2,f

In your case, you can just use /dev/adsp2 because device number 1 is the
default for all adspX devices.

HTH
Clemens