Hello,

I'm using alsa 1.0.10. My soundchip is a ALC880, driven by snd-hda-intel module. I alsamixer I don't find a master volume control. My home theater app MythTV controls the PCM volume. However, I decode AC3 streams in my PC and output the 6 channels analogue. The volume of these outputs is not influenced by changing PCM volume. I can setup the volume of the 6 analog outputs in alsamixer manually, but not remote controlled by MythTV.

I read about creating "virtual" devices, combining soundcards etc. Is it possible to create a Master Volume for the analog outputs (named LFE, front, side, surround)? If yes, how?

Thomas