On Mon, 20 Feb 2006, Thomas Artner wrote:

Hi!

I've been looking for a few hours for a solution of my problem with my
microphone.
I also searched through this mailinglist, but I didn't get it whether the
microphone on an snd-hda-intel (intel d955xbk board) should work or not.
At least it doesn't work here. (i tried the 1.0.11rc3 alsa driver)

Yes,  the microphone does work on the snd-hda-intel chip but this answer
may well depend on exactly which revision of the chipset you have. lspci
should tell you.

I have rev 03. I have heard here a lot of complaints about rev04.

This is mine
00:1b.0 Class 0403: Intel Corp. 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) High
Definition Audio Controller (rev 03)

Did anyone get the microphone work with this soundcard?
I would be thankful for everything that could help me.

with regards,
Tom

UBC, Vancouver,BC  |   Program in Cosmology |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]