Lee Revell wrote:
It's impossible to tell how difficult it will be to develop a driver
until someone tries it.  If you're looking for a guarantee that it will
be possible to support the card, you won't get one.

Thanks Lee. I'm not looking for a guarantee. I'm just looking for more information about what would be involved so that I can decide weather it's worth taking a chance on getting the card.

Let's say I went and bought the card today, bought it home, and plugged it in. What would be the next steps for me to get ALSA support developed for it?

Would I just need to run programs (lspci?) to gather the needed information? or would I need to physically open the unit and somehow track which pins on the IC's are connected to what? What tools would I need to do this? I'm a software engineer and have limited electrical engineering knowledge, but I know my way around a multimeter. Would that be enough?

Would I need to get information from the manufacturer? If so what information would I ask for?

Thanks,
Nathan