Lee Revell написа:
Can you attach the corrected patch to this (ancient) bug report so it
can be tested by more users.  Make sure to credit the peson you got the
patch from:

https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=172

Just FYI, this small patch was not all that was needed to fix the
original problem - there were some larger changes made recently to the
driver that enabled this to work (and broke backwards compatibility).
Otherwise it would have been fixed long ago...

Lee
I did attached the patch to bug 172 and wrote notes to bugs 154 & 919 as they were related. I attached the original patch without my changes, because according to Christian it works for other people.
I added the information with my changes to the post.
It would be good if we know who is the original author of the patch to credit him.

I'm not a developer and can't understand the code but it would be nice if someone tells why this is not included in the drivers, is it going to be included, and if not what is the issue?

Milen