Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:

>    I have an AMD64 system on an Asus K8U-X motherboard. However, I
>haven't had success using ALSA and I have no sound at the moment.
>
>The sound card is identified this way:
>
># lspci | grep audio
>0000:00:04.0 Multimedia audio controller: ALi Corporation M5455 PCI
>AC-Link Controller Audio Device (rev 20)
>
>[snip]

I found the solution through another mailing list: pass the
buggy_semaphore=1 option to the driver:

modprobe snd_intel8x0 buggy_semaphore=1

Perhaps alsaconf should automatically add this option to the modules
configuration files when this specific card is found. I guess I should
file a bug report against that, shoudn't I?

--
I am dyslexic of Borg.  Prepare to have your ass laminated.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://move.to/hpkb