On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 12:13:11 +0100
Thomas Kuther <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> OK, I managed to "fix" the slow play of the ICE1712 card by
> editing /usr/share/alsa/cards/ICE1712.conf:
>
>                 slave.pcm {
>                         @func concat
>                         strings [ "dmix:" $CARD
> ",FORMAT=S32_LE,RATE=44100" ] }
>
> But it would be nice to know how to edit the above .asoundrc for the
> ICE1724 card because i'd like to define an alsa-jack device. Any help
> on that?
>
> Regards
> Tom

so.. continuing my own thread on this list..

It turned out that i can't play videos in xine anymore with 44100,
same with mplayer. forcing xine to resample to 44100 doesn't help,
it just freezes. same with mplayer...

Hell what happened to alsa.. thought dmix-by-default
should make things easier... damn, upgrading to alsa-lib 1.0.11-rc3
turned out to be the biggest mistake i made on my system over the last
weeks :P

Is this a problem with the m-audio delta 2496 vs. new dmix-by-default?
Should i file a bug report as as the default setup just does _not_ work?

cheers!