On Sat, 8 Apr 2006, Peter M. Groen wrote:

On Saturday 08 April 2006 13:31, Layn wrote:
    Hello.
    I still dont get sound. I have compile from cvs alsa-driver,
alsa-lib and alsa-utils, my card is:

    0000:00:1b.0 0403: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High
Definition Audio Controller (rev 02)

    With alsamixer PCM is about 70%, but when i do "mpg123 sound.mp3"
there isnt sound.
    When i do "mplayer sound.mp3" i get this error:

Did you recompiled the kernel (2.6.16.1) and removed the alsa driver from
there? If not, please do. I had the same problem on a SONY VAIO VGN-FE11S and
was fixed like this.

Why would you recompile the kernel rather than just removing the alsa
modules from /lib/modules/....  and replace them with the new ones?