Hi,

Does anybody know if the RME AES32 card is supposed to be supported? I tried
the hdspm module, which is successfuly loaded, however, there are a couple of
problems:
- when doing snd_pcm_close(), the kernel panics, due to a NULL pointer
  dereference. I solved this (apparently at least) by replacing the
  "snd_assert(buf != NULL, return);" line in the function
  hdspm_silence_playback() by a line "if (buf == NULL) return;"
- it doesn't work at all when trying to use slave mode, or when trying to use
  96kHz sample rate. When I try to do so, I get a "Device or resource busy" or
  "Permission denied" error when I load the hwparams
- the controls don't include all parameters displayed on the windows interface
  (shown on RME's website on
  http://www.rme-audio.com/english/madi/hdspaes32.htm)

My impression is that the bits of the registers of the card don't have the same
meaning as in the hdspm module.

Are there any specifications for this card available somewhere (for example
bitfield meanings of the registers)? Maybe just a couple of modifications of
hdspm.c could allow to use it?

Thanks in advance

Best regards,

Remy Bruno