Lee Revell schreef:
On Tue, 2006-05-16 at 11:39  0000, Warren Wilder wrote:
Kernel: both 2.6.15.* and 2.6.16.*
Alsa-lib: 1.0.10.*
Alsa-utils: 1.0.11.*

Try the latest version (alsa-lib and alsa-driver 1.0.11)

I have updated everything on Fedora Core 5 with the automatic update
facility. The sound is still horrible, like constantly playing 64Kb or
even worse.

What kind of debug information can I pull out of my system to check
where the thing goes wrong? I am no Fedora fan, so I looking for generic
information, if that matters.
( I hate packet managers that feel like they own you )

Warren