Hello all,

briefly, everything works great if I do this:

mplayer -ao alsa dvd://1 -channels 6

all audio channels work perfect. However, when I do this:

mplayer -ao oss dvd://1 -channe ls 6

I'm getting all channels (including LFE) except the center channel is
outputting either the left or right front speakers (not sure which one).
The center channel is not tied to the center speaker. The same issue exists on different distributions also

xine has the same issue if I use OSS as the driver... which tells me it's an
alsa emulation issue, not mplayer.

I do notice that when I use the alsa driver (no emulation), the CPU utilization jumps up and I can't watch
HDTV programming (which is why I care, btw)

I have a sound blaster audigy 2 ZS with the emu10k1 drivers with a
2.6.16.11 kernel. I only have the alsa drivers compiled with OSS
compatibility (the depricated oss drivers are not enabled... nor should they be).

Anyone had similar issues? Is there something in .asoundrc somewhere
that might be screwy?

Thanks,
- Dave