When I moved from the FC4 build of 2.6.13 to 2.6.16 the sound stopped
working on my HP dc7600U system. This has an ALC260_HP in it
from checking the lspci output against the table in patch_realtek.c

I see interrupts increasing when I use aplay to play a wav file but I
hear
nothing on the output. Going back to 2.6.13 with the same amixer
setttings
I get sound output.

There are a lot of changes in the code between 2.6.13 and 2.6.16 I
see. so its not easy to guess what might be wrong from the code.

Any idea why this has regressed? What can I do to help fix this?
What info can I collect (I did not see any debug in the modules)?
I happy to test patches to the drivers to get this working again.

Barry