On Thu, 2006-06-08 at 01:30 +0200, Rene Herman wrote:
> Lee Revell wrote:
>
> > Are you aware of any showstopper bugs missing from the Dapper kernel
> > that are fixed in 2.6.16?
>
> No showstoppers directly but ever since Andrew posted that 2.6.16 was
> going into the distributions, people have been working their ass of on
> it. I'd have delayed dapper a bit more and shipped 2.6.16...

I think the slippery slope effect would have been an issue - if they had
delayed the release to ship a new kernel for no clear reason, then
people would have made a lot of noise about why it can't be delayed for
their pet project.  Personally I would like to have seen the release
delayed to get Evolution into an acceptable state ;-)

I don't think any more work went into 2.6.16 than 2.6.15 or any other
kernel.

Lee