On Thu, 2006-06-08 at 23:14 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Bill Unruh wrote:

> >> An interesting observation Lee, considering that alsa is stuck at rc2 in
> >> the fc5 repos.  Can you comment on the delay?
> >
> > I think you would have to ask Fedora. It is probable that the distro uses
> > rc2, and they do not update. They just fix bugs.
> >

> And where obviously my opinion isn't worth a bucket of warm spit.  But
> IMO, when ALL major VoIP programs have trouble with full duplex, its a bug.

I am sorry about your Skype problem, but no one but Skype can debug it
as WE DO NOT HAVE THE SOURCE CODE.  Which OPEN SOURCE VoIP apps have you
tried?

There are plenty of VoIP apps with ALSA support.

For example:

http://www.openwengo.org/index.php/openwengo/public/homePage/news?payload[newsId]=0

Lee