Hi all,

I am trying to use all 5 channels of my EMU10k1, when playing music. So
far I've found  that the following .asoundrc works pretty well in
duplicating the front channels to rear ones:

pcm.!dmix {
   type plug
   slave {
       pcm surround51
       channels 6
   }
}
pcm.!default {
   type plug
   slave.pcm "dmix"
   slave.channels 6
   route_policy duplicate
}

But when using a mixer to adjust the volume, Master channel control
adjusts only the front channels. And even muting master leaves rear
channels playing. So I was wondering is there a way to make the master
volume control aware of the rear channels , so all channels are
controlled by it.  I suppose I have to add  configuration for the ctl
device also, but couldn't find anything about how to do it, or at least
some kind of what configuration options are available to this device class.

Is there a way to do this, or such functionality is not implemented yet?
Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.

Zaro