On Thu, 2006-06-22 at 02:22 +0100, Christian Brandt wrote:
> Lee Revell schrieb:
>
> > These messages mean that you compiled new ALSA modules and are trying to
> > load them but you did not unload all the old ones first.
>
>   Thats been the first thing I looked for. Before modprobe I did lsmod |
> grep -i snd and lsmod | grep -i sound and got no output. After the
> modprobe I have two modules loaded: soundcore and snd_page_alloc
>
>   I still suspect the snd-sscape module itself lacking support for
> non-PnP-boards. I should contact the author, maybe he knows if his
> module works? ;-) But before that I'll compile andd try the much older
> OSS-Soundscape-Driver - same author but explicitly states that my board
> is supported.

If you are sure that you are not mixing old and new modules, the problem
must be that you compiled the ALSA modules against a different kernel
than you are running.  Or, you have ALSA built into the kernel and are
trying to also load modules.

Those symbol errors are DEFINITELY not caused by unsupported hardware -
they are caused by an incorrect build.

Lee