I've incorporated some of the answers Lee and others gave me into the
ALSA wiki at alsa.opensrc.org, as well as copying some of the content
already there into other relavent articles to make it better organized
and easier to find. This means there's now some duplication, but
better that than no docs at all...

Stuff I've touched that folks might want to check and fix, or create more
wiki links to, includes:
  http://alsa.opensrc.org/FAQ001
  http://alsa.opensrc.org/proc+asound+documentation
  http://alsa.opensrc.org/ALSA+PCM+proc+commands
  http://alsa.opensrc.org/OSS+device
  http://alsa.opensrc.org/OssEmulation
  http://alsa.opensrc.org/JACK
  http://alsa.opensrc.org/module+device+mapping+options
  http://alsa.opensrc.org/ALSA+device+labels

(Many of these should perhaps be linked from elsewhere in the wiki,
but I don't have time for that tonite :))

I'd like a shortcomings list; the developers probably already know a lot
of this, but knowing things like "aoss is buggy", "there is no way to
enumerate devices" and so on is pretty important for users to know.

I have created http://alsa.opensrc.org/FAQ053 as a place to list
known issues. Please make sure of your facts before adding them; this is
not the place to put "I can't get this to work", it's the place for
"everyone says this is broken".

  --akb