Hi,

I do have an ATI IXP based motherboard and face some issue with ALSA 1.0.12rc1
( same with 1.0.11 ). I must admit that I am using my own linux distro
based on uClibc. I am using 2.6.12.6 linux kernel.

My current issue is faced with the latency test which returns:
Scheduler set to Round Robin with priority 99...
Playback device is hw:0,0
Capture device is hw:0,0
Parameters are 22050Hz, S16_LE, 2 channels, non-blocking mode
Wanted tick time: 0us, poll mode: no
Loop limit is 661500 frames, minimum latency = 64, maximum latency = 4096
Rate doesn't match (requested 22050Hz, get 0Hz)
Unable to set parameters for playback stream: Invalid argument

The rate of the board is set to 0 which cause in some application (like
gstreamer) really bad behavior. The pcm test is working fine unexpectidly !

So I have a global /etc/asound.conf which is configured as:

pcm.rate_convert {
         type dmix
         ipc_key 1024
         slave {
                 pcm "hw:0,0"
                 period_size 1024
                 buffer_size 4096
                 rate 44100
                 }
                 bindings {
                         0 0
                         1 1
                 }
         }
pcm.duplex
{
         type asym
         playback.pcm "dmix"
}
pcm.atiixp {
           type plug
           slave.pcm "duplex"
           }

ctl.atiixp {
           type hw
           card 0
           }

So the dmix entry should be returning 44100 Hz rather than 0.
I am loading alsa with:

/sbin/modprobe snd-atiixp
/sbin/modprobe snd-pcm-oss
/sbin/modprobe snd-mixer-oss
/sbin/modprobe snd-seq-oss

and

/etc/modules.conf contains

# ALSA portion
alias char-major-116 snd
alias snd-card-0 snd-atiixp
# module options should go here

# OSS/Free portion
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0

# card #1
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss

I will really appreciate help on this !!

Jean-Marie