On Wed, 5 Jul 2006, Lee Revell wrote:

> On Thu, 2006-07-06 at 00:44 +0300, Sergei Steshenko wrote:
>> Because I STRONGLY believe people who know the code should write
>> the documentation.
>>
>> Or, responding you in the "STFU" manner - everybody has to wipe
>> his/her
>> own shit - I wouldn't dare to ask you to write documentation for my
>> project.
>
> You keep saying this over and over and over.  It's not helping.
>
> If any of the people who wrote ALSA had the time, the motivation, and
> the skills to write user level documentation, it would have happened by
> now.

In fact the writers are usually the last people who should write the
documentation. In any business creating software, the doc writers are never
the software writers. Vastly different expertise sets. Code writers make
assumptions that are terrible for users. They also tend to have no interest
whatsoever in doing so and thus do it very badly.

On the other hand they are usually willing to help out someone who does
write it.

Do I have time or inclination to write up for alsa? No. I did that once with
  ppp on linux. That is my contribution.