Ananda Krishnan wrote:
> From: *Lee Revell* <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
> Date: Jul 21, 2006 2:52 PM
> Subject: Re: [Alsa-user] ALSA sound mixer - recording using USB
> headphone with microphone
> To: Ananda Krishnan <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
> Cc: alsa-user@lists.sourceforge.net <mailto:alsa-user@lists.sourceforge.net>
>
> On Tue, 2006-07-18 at 17:09 -0500, Ananda Krishnan wrote:
>  > Hello,
>  >
>  >   I am using a USB headphone (with the microphone) and the device is
>  > Micronas UAC3556B. I am using the (LinuxOS) RHEL4.0-U3 on my desktop
>  > (xSeries box).  I am not able to record eventhogh (xmms-1.2.x.x) sound
>  > mixer is configured to receive the microphone signals.  I am wondering
>  > whether any interface is missing in configuration to convert the
>  > analog audio signal to the digital signal.  Could not find much
>  > documentation also for this. I am able to play audio CD from CD-ROM
>  > device and hear the music in the USB device.  Any help to figure out
>  > the problem is highly appreciated.
>
> What is the ALSA version?  (cat /proc/asound/version)

Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.11rc2 (Wed Jan 04
08:57:20 2006 UTC).

> Can you record with "arecord"?

Recorded with "arecord" utility.  I see the filesize around 380KB for a
20 sec recording.  However could not check with aplay -f DAT <file
name>, since a get error: aplay: main:508: audio open error: No such
file or directory
So I am now checking whether the file has to be placed in a different
directory.  Any thoughts?

Thanks for your good help and guidance.

V.A. Krishnan