On 31/07/06, J. William Snyder, Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thank you very much for taking the time to read my plea for help.  I
> recently bought a * Creative Sound Blaster SB0570 Audigy SE 7.1 Channels
> 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - OEM* from Newegg.com
> (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829102003), and I
> have been pulling my hair out trying to get it to work with the ALSA
> CA0106 driver in alsa-driver-1.0.11.  Basically, I have gotten it to the
> point where I can load snd-ca0106 and the associates modules, and the
> card shows up in /proc/asound.  However, absolutely no audio is produced
> when common sound programs like XMMS are run.  When I try to run XMMS, I

This sound card should work out of the box in Linux.
Do you use analog outputs, or digital spdif outputs?
Try runing at the command line:
alsamixer

Set the Analog Front mixer control to 70%

The run:
speaker-test -c2 -Dplug:front

This should output pink noise alternatively to each of the front speakers.

James