Hallo,
Martin Reitbauer hat gesagt: // Martin Reitbauer wrote:

> Can anybody recommend an affordable USB soundcard that works well with
> ALSA?  I read on alsa-project.org/alsa-doc that " All USB devices that
> are standards compliant will work." -- is that really the case? So I can
> just get ANY mainstream USB soundcard and it'll (most probably) work?

Most probably yes, but there are several known exceptions. For one,
(most) USB 2.0 devices don't work yet, and then many M-Audio USB
devices are hard or impossible to get working because they are not
standards compliant.

So staying away from M-Audio USB is a save choice. Instead Edirol,
Terratec, ESI or similar cards are generally well supported.

For simple needs I would recommend the Terratec Aureon. Not expensive
at all (~50 Eurodollar), decent quality, small, many outputs, and well
tested with ALSA.

Ciao