Dominique Dumont <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> So far, I've noticed that:
> - Playing ac3 while loading PATA drive (same commands) works perfectly
> - Playing PCM (with mplayer) on spdif while loading SATA leads to high
>   frequency noises (like a constinuous scritch-scritch)

I've just tried the spdif output of my motherboard (a7n8x deluxe) with
snd_intel8x0 driver.

While using SATA (still with md5sum) the PCM output works fine.

I cannot test snd_intel8x0 ac3 output because of bug 411 [1].
But DTS output is working fine also.

I also tried (just to compare), DTS output (still with md5sum running
on sata device) with snd_emu10k1 driver and it fails: the dts light on
my amp switches on and off constinuously.

So the problem seems to be specific to snd_emu10k1 driver.

Cheers

[1] https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=411