On Tuesday 19 September 2006 06:30, Clemens Ladisch wrote:
>François Patte wrote
>
>> Is it a normal thing to have some entry like this one in
>> /etc/asound.state?
>>
>>         control.28 {
>>                 comment.access read
>>                 comment.type IEC958
>>                 comment.count 1
>>                 iface MIXER
>>                 name 'IEC958 Playback Con Mask'
>>                 value '0fff000000000000000000000000000000.....
>>         }
>
>Yes.  Mixer controls of type "IEC958" are a 176-byte binary value.

Ookaaay...  I know I'm hijacking a thread here, but what 'save' operation
then results in this file being updated?

Somehow, mine has gotten into a state where I have to manually turn off the
"IEC958 Optical Raw" button in kamix quite often, and after every X
restart in order to have functional sound.  I've done several "alsactl
store"s with no apparent effect on this.

>Regards,
>Clemens

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)