Hello,

My card is an ICE1712 M-Audio Delta 2496, using alsa-lib,-plugins
1.0.14-rc2, so everything dmixed by default.
I'm currently trying to capture what goes out through the
default device.
As arecord cannot open -D default for capturing of course, I tried to
define a new device that uses the copy plugin.
The entry in asoundrc looks like this:
------------------------------------
# Copy device
pcm.copy {
    type plug
    slave { pcm "copyplug" }
}

pcm.copyplug {
        type copy
        slave {
                pcm "hw:0"
        }
}
------------------------------------
I also have a jack plugin device in there, other than that I use the
default settings provided by alsa-lib.
The problem is that I do not get a single noise copied to that pcm.copy
device. Means I can use arecord -D copy some.wav, or qarecord, but the
result is a pretty much "empty" PCM wav file.
Also tried: slave { pcm "default" } in pcm.copyplug.

Did I miss something here? Or is there a better way to simply capture
the output?

Thanks in advance,
Tom