Hi everyone!

I've been using Linux for almost a year now (Ubuntu FF at the moment), but
I'm still green in lots of stuff.
When I upgraded from Edgy to Feisty the sound quality was reduced badly so,
thinking I wouldn't fail, I thought I would give a try to the RC of ALSA.
Conclusion: I messed up even more. Now the quality is REALLY bad.

It could be a hardware issue, but the same system plays crystal clear sound
in Windows Xp and Edgy Eft.

Nvidia nForce4 onboard sound

I wanted to know how can I fix this, or how can I remove ALSA from my system
and then re-install it the right way.

Thanks y'all!