On Sat, 28 Jul 2007, Uli wrote:

> David Deutsch <skOre <at> skOre.de> writes:
>

>> Bose is known to color sound in a certain way. Its called the "bose
>> sound". In the end its down to whether you like it or not. You should
>> definitely do some thorough testing.
>
> I heard it's strong mids...I like that but I'd definitely wanna hear it first
> of
> course.
>
>> Wanting "optimal" sound at 400$ plus surround sound is ludicrous. You
>> will indeed be far better off buying decent headphones for that money.
>> Beginner monitor speakers (not the hifi but studio speakers) barely
>> start around that price, 2.0 setups mind you.
>
> Ok, say I'd be willing to pay 2k max for a complete 5.1 setup including sound
> card, amp, and speakers. What would you suggest?
>
>> The 5.1 is most likely created by psychoacoustic effects, so it can
>> always only be simulated 5.1 - without a sub: no .1!

I have no idea what "simulated 5.1" is. You only have two ears. And no
number of speakers will alter that.

> Yeah sry, I forgot to mention it but the system includes a subwoofer.

No it does not. It includes what could only with great charity be called a
woofer, and most audiophiles would call a midrange.

> Thanks,
>
> Uli

UBC, Vancouver,BC  |   Program in Cosmology |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]